One of my most favorite things is finding tech tools that make your life easier. This one makes it easier for you to thank your supports in a personal and fun way. And it makes you stand out from the pack. Want to learn more? Let’s go!
During this work from home culture, there is a need for empathy and connection now more than ever. And if you can be one of the people who reach out, it’s going to make a big impact. Thinking about donor stewardship, we are all taught the importance of thanking donors with a call immediately after their donation. But in today’s world, donors are giving online, and sometimes phone numbers aren’t readily available.
What if you could send a personalized video message directly to your donor thanking them immediately after their donation? Enter Bonjoro.
Bonjoro Makes Personal Video Easy
By sending a personal video to a donor you signal to them that they are more than just a number. And when donors feel appreciate they give more.
Now you’re thinking this sounds difficult. It’s not, I promise.
The web interface is easy to use and you can record an engaging video from your desktop web recorder or the mobile app. You can add your own branding, call-to-actions, and easily measure the effectiveness of your efforts by tracking opens, views, and click-throughs.
Ways You Can Use Video:
- Donation Thank You Video
- New Volunteer Sign Up
- New Email Newsletter Subscriber
- Donation Updates — if someone donated to a specific project (i.e. build a new building) you can send updates on the status of the project.
- Major Donor TouchPoints — Schedule a few times a year to reach out to your major donors with a check-in.
- Re-engagement — go through your email list to see who hasn’t opened an email in a while and just send a video checking in.
- Board Member Thank You
But here’s the best part. The integrations. You can connect your Bonjoro account with other powerful web services.
Here are a few integration examples:
- Receive a notification every time you get a new subscriber to your email list and send them a welcome video.
- Receive a notification every time you get a new donation through your CRM or from your payment platform.
- Receive a notification every time there is a new contact in your CRM.
Video Best Practices
Worried about actually making the video? You have one objective, be authentic. And have fun with it. Here are some best practices:
- Be authentic.
- Doesn’t have to be fancy.
- Fun and personal.
- Send between 1- 4 hours after a donation for best return and at least within 1 day.
- Video length should be 30 seconds — 1 minute.
- If this is a donor thank you, explain what their donation will do.
And when your video is opened by the recipient they have the opportunity to send a response. This opens the lines of communication between you and your supporters.
Make Your Organization Stand Out From The Crowd
For more website design, marketing + tech tips, check out my email newsletter.